This post is sponsored by Potatoes USA, but all opinions are my own.
A dinner my hubs & I eat on the regular is Superfood Loaded Baked Fries. It’s a fun “sheet-pan supper” packed with plant-based nutrition.
I take nutrient-dense potatoes, bake them into fries, and load them with all sorts of colorful produce toppers. It’s one of the most fun ways to eat your veggies!
It’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner, and fun enough to serve at a party. You can try to eat it with your hands, but it’s so loaded, you’ll likely need to use a fork!
I add potatoes to my recipes because they are a nutrient-dense vegetable that provide the energy + potassium + vitamin C to fuel your day.
Potatoes are especially important in an active lifestyle because they are a nutrient-dense carbohydrate. Carbohydrates are the primary fuel for your brain, key source of energy for muscles, and important for optimal physical & mental performance.
If you’re looking for a fun PLANT-BASED meal, all made on just 1 sheet-pan, give these Superfood Loaded Baked Fries a try! Here’s the recipe…
🍟Superfood Loaded Baked Fries🍟
3 russet or white potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed/drained
4 cups broccoli slaw (broccoli, carrot, red cabbage mix)
1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 avocado, diced
1 lime, juiced
Optional: 4 tablespoons 2% cultured sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Wash potatoes (leaving skin on) and cut into 1/4” thick fries.
3. Toss fries with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, flip fries, and top with black beans, broccoli slaw, tomatoes, cheese, green onions, and jalapeño.
5. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes, until all of the toppings are hot and fries are cooked through.
6. Top with cilantro, avocado, lime juice, and optional sour cream.
Leave a Reply