DECISION FATIGUE may be sabotaging your healthy habits!
Read on to find out what it is & how to outsmart it…
What is DECISION FATIGUE?
Decision fatigue is the phenomenon of making so many decisions throughout the day that it can lead to poor decision-making.
When we have TOO MANY CHOICES of what to eat for breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, or what time to exercise/type of exercise to do… we can become overwhelmed with these decisions and it can lead us to procrastinate or make impulsive or unhealthy choices.
How does DECISION FATIGUE impact healthy habits?
Decision fatigue can negatively impact our healthy habits. Research suggests that when we’re feeling overwhelmed by too many choices and too many decisions, we’re more likely to choose unhealthy foods or skip workouts.
How to overcome DECISION FATIGUE
Here are 2 powerful ways to outsmart DECISION FATIGUE and make healthier choices…
👉 PRACTICE ROUTINES. One of the best ways to avoid decision fatigue is to get into a routine so you don’t have to make choices. Routines give you structure so you can just do things on “autopilot.” To create a routine, practice the same thing each day until it becomes second nature…
– You get into a routine of going to the gym on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for a scheduled class.
– You get into a routine of a green shake for breakfast, a lunch salad w/ leftover protein from dinner, a Greek yogurt w/ mini dark chocolate chips for dessert, etc.
👉 SIMPLIFY CHOICES. When you do have to make a decision, try to simplify your choices as much as possible.
– Choose familiar healthy meals you know how to make quickly instead of searching the internet for a bunch of new recipes.
– Have only two go-to snack options to choose from when you feel hungry during the day.
– Go for a walk instead of trying to decide which workout to do.