Croutons, but better!
SWEETPOTATO CROUTONS are one of my favorite tricks to making a salad naturally more satisfying & nutritious.🍠
These croutons are ready in just 15 minutes, with the help of your air-fryer. (No air-fryer, no problem! You can also make these in the oven.)
And the best part is SWEETPOTATOES are an ORANGE SUPERFOOD full of important nutrients.
Each medium SWEETPOTATO has:
🧡 only about 100 CALORIES
🧡 QUALITY CARBS (for steady energy)
🧡 FIBER (4 grams which is more than in a packet of oatmeal!)
🧡 VITAMIN A (over 100% of your daily needs)
🧡 VITAMIN C (immune boosting antioxidant)
🧡 ELECTROLYTES like 440mg potassium, 70mg sodium, and 32mg magnesium
1 large sweetpotato (or 2 medium sweetpotatoes)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon each: black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Pre-heat air-fryer to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash the sweetpotato and cut into 1/2 “ cubes (leaving the peel on).
3. Toss with olive oil, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
4. Cook sweetpotato cubes in the air-fryer for 12-15 minutes, shaking once midway, until the cubes are golden and crisp.
– Don’t overcrowd the air-fryer, cook in two batches if necessary.
– Eat them right away or refrigerate for up to 4 days. If you want them hot & crispy from the fridge, reheat them in a 400 degree F air-fryer for 3-4 minutes.
– If using an oven, cook the sweetpotato cubes at 425 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, flipping midway.
PS: I recently started doing some work with the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission and learned that SWEETPOTATO actually should be one word!!! The rationale is that it’s not just a “sweet” potato, but its own root vegetable called the sweetpotato. So that’s why you see it as one-word throughout this WOW! #themoreyouknow