under 20 minutes • Servings: Makes 8 Scones Print Recipe
✨2 cups almond flour
✨2.5 tablespoons coconut sugar
✨1 teaspoon baking powder*
✨1/4 teaspoon sea salt
✨2 organic eggs
✨1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
*gluten & aluminum-free
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, baking powder, and sea salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix eggs & vanilla.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry until it turns into a dough.
5. Roll dough into a ball and press down to form a 1-inch thick disc shape. Note: If it’s too sticky, pop in the freezer for 5 minutes to firm up.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar on top of the dough and cut with a pizza cutter (like you would a pizza) into 8 wedges.
7. Place the wedges on a baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes, until golden. Let cool and enjoy.
You can eat them as-is or I like them served with strawberries or strawberry chia jam. Store covered for up to 7 days in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Facts for Simple Vanilla Scones
Makes 8 Scones
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply